The City Secretary is an officer of the City, required by the City's Charter, and is appointed by the City Council.
The Office of City Secretary maintains and preserves the official records of the City, including Council minutes, contracts, agreements, ordinances, resolutions and deeds. The City Secretary is the designated Records Management Officer for the City. In addition, the City Secretary provides elections services to all voters and candidates. The City Secretary's Office is also responsible for the issuance of certain permits and licenses including alcoholic beverage licenses, vehicles for hire, sanitation franchise, and hotel/motel occupancy taxes.
In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary also:
- Provides support, assistance and information to the City Council
- Encourages public participation in the municipal government process; and
- Provides daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Brenham
If you would like additional information about the City Secretary, please call 979-337-7567
|City Secretary Biographies||click here to expand|
City Secretary - Jeana Bellinger
Jeana Bellinger has been with the City of Brenham since November, 2006 and was appointed to the Office of City Secretary by the City Council on October 16, 2008. Prior to her appointment as City Secretary she was the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager.
In 2010 Jeana obtained her Bachelor's degree in business management from LeTourneau University and received her Texas Registered Municipal Clerk (TRMC) certification through the University of North Texas. Jeana is currently working towards her national municipal clerk certification through the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
She is an active member of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association (TMCA) having served on both the Audit Committee and the Scholarship Committee. Jeana is also an active member of the Capital Chapter of Municipal Clerks and is currently serving as the Chapter President.
Deputy City Secretary - Kacey Weiss
Kacey Weiss has been with the City of Brenham since April 2012. She was appointed Deputy City Secretary by the City Council on November 6, 2014. Prior to her position as Deputy City Secretary, she was a Level 1 Certified Court Clerk for the Brenham Municipal Court.
Kacey obtained her Associates Degree in Speech from Blinn College in May 2000. She received her Level 1 Certified Court Clerk certification in January 2014 and is currently working on her Texas Registered Municipal Clerk (TRMC) certification through the University of North Texas.
She is a member of St. John's United Church of Christ in Burton where she is very involved and teaches Sunday School. She is also a member of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association (TMCA) and is a member of the Capital Chapter of Municipal Clerks. Kacey and her husband, Chad, reside in Brenham and have one son, Cade.
|Permits and Licenses||click here to expand|
|Unclaimed Property - How to claim your property||click here to expand|
Unclaimed Property - How to Claim Your Property
- Look for your name or your business name on the
City of Brenham's
Unclaimed Funds report:
- If the amount shown is greater than $100 your claim MUST be submitted to the State of Texas Comptroller's Office. Go to http://comptroller.texas.gov/ or call 800-321-2274 for details.
- If you would like to file a claim to retrieve the property being held by the City of Brenham, complete the appropriate claim form and return it along with the required documentation to:
City of Brenham
P. O. Box 1059
Brenham, TX 77834-1059
Attn: City Secretary
City of Brenham
City Secretary's Office
200 W. Vulcan, Suite 206
- Once your claim form is received and the supporting documents verified for accuracy, a check will be mailed to you within 90 days. If questions and/or problems arise while processing your claim, the City Secretary will contact you either by phone or U.S. mail.
- If you have any questions related to the filing of your claim,
you may contact the City Secretary at 979-337-7567.
Which Claim Form To Use?
- Original Owner, Claim Form A: Use this Form if your name is shown on the Unclaimed Funds Report and you are the person claiming the property.
- Business Owner, Claim Form B: Use this Form if you are the owner of the business listed on the Unclaimed Funds Report or if you are an authorized representative of the business listed.
- General, Claim Form C: Use this Form if you are an heir, trustee, executor, administrator, or parent of the person listed on the Unclaimed Funds Report. You must also use this Form if you are an officer of an organization listed on the Report.
City Council Packets and Minutes
|2016-08-04||Packet | Public Hearing||Minutes | Hearing Minutes|
Minutes - Emergency Meeting
Chapter 6 addendum (redline version)
Packet - Budget
Minutes - Budget
|2011-07-20||Minutes - Budget|
|2011-07-19||Minutes - Budget|