City of Brenham Election Information
The City of Brenham will be having an election on Saturday, May 9, 2015. The election will be for two (2) purposes:
- A General Election to elect one Mayor, one Councilmember for Place 2 - Ward 2 and one Councilmember for Place 4 - Ward 4. All positions will be for four (4) year terms; and
- A Special Election for the purpose of voting on twenty-three (23) proposed amendments to the City's charter.
Information related to the 2015 Election can be found below:
- Important 2015 Election Dates
- Early Voting Information
- Voter Information - English & Spanish
- Notice to Voter - English & Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I Vote?
Download Ward Maps:
A General Election will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015. The citizens of Brenham will be electing one Mayor, one Council member for Place 2 - Ward 2, and one Council member for Place 4 - Ward 4, all for a four (4) year term.
The last day to file for a place on the May 9, 2015 General Election was Friday, February 27, 2015. At the end of the day, the following candidates had filed:
General Election - 4 year term
|Mayor At Large||
Milton Y. Tate, Jr. (Incumbent)
|Place 2 - Ward 2||Weldon C. Williams, Jr. (Incumbent)|
|Place 4 - Ward 4||Daniel H. "Danny" Goss (Incumbent)|
As mandated in Section 2.051 of the Texas Election Code, since the City will be having an opposed at-large race for the position of Mayor, the names of the unopposed Ward 2 and Ward 4 candidates must still be shown on the ballot.
General Election Information
- Notice of Deadline to file applications for Place on the Ballot
- Notice of a General Election - English
- Notice of a General Election - Spanish
- An Order Providing for A General Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - English
- An Order Providing for A General Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - Spanish
- Application for Place on the Ballot
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
A Special Election will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015 for the purpose of submitting to the qualified voters of the City of Brenham proposed amendments to the existing Home Rule Charter.
There will be twenty-three (23) proposed amendments to the existing Home Rule Charter on the ballot. The ballot will provide the voter an opportunity to vote "YES" or "NO" for each amendment.
Special Election Information
- Ordinance Calling A Special Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - English
- Ordinance Calling A Special Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - Spanish
- Notice of a Special Election - English
- Notice of a Special Election - Spanish
- Power Point Presentation: "City of Brenham Home Rule Charter"
- Ballot Wording for Each Proposition - English and Spanish
- Explanation of Each of the 23 Propositions