City of Brenham Election Information
The City of Brenham will be having an election on Saturday, May 9, 2015. The election will be for two (2) purposes:
- A General Election to elect one Mayor, one Councilmember for Place 2 - Ward 2 and one Councilmember for Place 4 - Ward 4. All positions will be for four (4) year terms; and
- A Special Election for the purpose of voting on twenty-three (23) proposed amendments to the City's charter.
Information related to the 2015 Election can be found below:
- Important 2015 Election Dates
- Early Voting Information
- Voter Information - English & Spanish
- Notice to Voter - English & Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I Vote?
Download Ward Maps:
A General Election will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015. The citizens of Brenham will be electing one Mayor, one Council member for Place 2 - Ward 2, and one Council member for Place 4 - Ward 4, all for a four (4) year term.
to run for city Council you must: (1) have been a resident of the City and any Ward you wish to represent for a period of 12 months immediately preceding the election; (2) be at least 21 years of age, when elected' (3) not be indebted to the City; and (4) not be interested in the sale to the City of any supplies, equipment, materials or articles.
Candidate packages are available in the City Secretary's office during normal business hours.
Application for a place on the Ballot
Applications for a place on the May, 2015 General Election ballot will be accepted by the City Secretary, during normal business hours, beginning on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 through Friday, February 27, 2015. The deadline to file for a place on the ballot is 5:00pm on February 27, 2015.
General Election Information
- Notice of Deadline to file applications for Place on the Ballot
- An Order Providing for A General Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - English
- An Order Providing for A General Election to be Held on May 9, 2015 - Spanish
- Application for Place on the Ballot
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
A Special Election will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015 for the purpose of submitting to the qualified voters of the City of Brenham proposed amendments to the existing Home Rule Charter.
There will be 23 proposed amendments to the existing Home Rule Charter on the ballot. The ballot will provide the voter an opportunity to vote "Yes" or "No" for each amendment.
Special Election Information
Special Election information coming soon